Thursday, February 28, 2019

Group Meeting = Success!

Hello again!

       Today we did a group meeting in class and it really helped me voice my ideas to people outside my project group. The members were very supportive of my ideas and offered constructive criticism of how I could improve my plan for the magazine.
       One piece of advice was that I could try breaking usual representation practices and include a male wearing makeup or 'feminine' clothing. I believe this could be a great way to combat sexist stereotypes and will definitely consider including it in my project.
       The members of the group thought that my post about graphic design programs was well-done and highly detailed, which helped me understand how I should structure my future blog posts. One member even recommended a design program called Affinity Designer, so I’ll be looking into that soon.
       Another aspect of the meeting that was very helpful was when I talked about my ideas for the name of the magazine. I’m looking for artistic, abstract names, so here are some: "The Fit", "runAway", "A La Mode", and "Cosmic". They showed great enthusiasm for the name “The Fit” since it sounded very attractive to them. I’m glad they helped me understand what name they believed stood out the most since they represent my target audience and should therefore be enticed by my title.
       Also, the asked me questions about what kind of ‘theme’ I was going for, and I explained that I was looking to create either an indie fashion magazine or a magazine that looked more like Seventeen and Marie Claire. After showing them several examples of indie fashion magazines, they loved their clean and artistic look! I will be doing more research into that specific genre in the future, so stay tuned!
       Lastly, I discussed that my group wanted to have different color schemes within our magazines so we would be making editions from different seasons. I expressed my interest in fall magazines because of their warm tones and content, and the members of my group fully supported my decision and advised that I make the content of my two-page spread representative of fall events and holidays, such as Thanksgiving.
       I’m very thankful for having had the opportunity to discuss my doubts and future plans with my peers, who were able to offer me key advice that helped clarify my decisions and provided me with ideas of what to include in my project. I hope we do this activity again soon because I know it really benefitted me and most everyone in my AICE Media class.

       Signing off for now,
       Catalina

No comments:

Post a Comment