Thursday, April 4, 2019

The Final Countdown

       Happy Thursday readers! My final project is due in two days and I'm very excited to showcase the magazine that I've been working on for two months (but it feels like much less)!
       Before I share my magazine though, I'd like to talk about the overall changes that have been made to the magazine as well as reflect upon the production process. 
       My initial idea for my two-page spread was a collage look, but after looking at various examples, my group and I decided that it would be best to go for a cleaner, classic look. I don't regret making this decision; I think it makes the magazine look very elegant and minimalistic. This decision ultimately led me to choose an interview as the subject of my two-page spread because it creates a realistic and enagaging way of informing readers about the model on the cover image, Beatriz Mendes. 
       One major change that I made to my cover was to create the 'shadow' effect for the masthead and coverlines. 



This not only helps them stand out against my cover image but it also adds visual interest to the page. 
        Another modification that my group and I made was to the table of contents. Our initial table of contents looked like this:

However, after reviewing fashion and beauty magazine table of contents examples, we realized that they're usually two or three pages. So, we needed a two-page table of contents for it to have more titles that encompass the entire publication. I'm really glad we realized this because we now have many more articles and pictures on our contents page. This is the finished table of contents:

     


       In addition, we made our advertisement two pages because one major convention for advertisements in magazines such as Vogue and Harper's Bazaar is that they are usually two pages to catch readers' attention. 
       Throughout the course of the project I made sure that my magazine was maintaining the same look as those of Malena and Valentina. If you would like to view their awesome blogs, click on their names!

       All in all, I'm very proud of my magazine. I learned a lot of photography techniques and graphic design skills, and I further realized the passion that I have for fashion and design. Even though my journey had several ups and downs, I'm thankful for the invaluable time managent and improvisation  skills that I gained. I'd like to thank my amazing group members, Valentina and Malena, for helping to create the look of THE FIT, as well as my teacher, Mrs. Stoklosa, for guiding me through the project. I now have my very own magazine that I'll look back upon for years to come. 


Signing off,
Catalina 

No comments:

Post a Comment