Monday, April 1, 2019

Tic TOC


        Hi! It’s almost time- my magazine and CCR are due in six days! I’m a little stressed out because there’s so much to be done- I have to finish up my magazine, create a script for my CCR, and record my CCR. As for today, I was determined to finish taking pictures for my table of contents (TOC). Fortunately I was able to accomplish my goal in just a few hours. I looked all around my house for fall fashion items, and since my mom’s closet is jam-packed with all kinds of clothing, that’s the first place I looked. I found a brown leather crossbody bag with small flowers that looked perfect and I also found some black snakeskin combat boots and animal-print sneakers that would fit my theme well. In addition to these fashion items, I wanted to also have a beauty-related picture in my TOC, so I searched for a unique product that I could include. I found a box full of essential oils that I thought would look great on the page! I also searched through all of the nail polishes that I had in a cabinet and I found around eight fall colors. (Big thanks to my mom for lending me all her things).
       Once I had all of these items in hand, I went to my backyard and had a mini-photoshoot with the bag and boots. I tried out different backgrounds, different lighting, on the floor, on a tree, on a model, everything. For the bag, I asked my sister Malena if she could wear it with a fluffy sweater so I could take pictures of it. While taking pictures I found that there was a really nice shadow of branches across her body, like so: 

I thought added interest to the picture and also made it even more ‘fall-looking’. I also asked Malena to hold the bag with both hands to see how it would look in the picture: 


After this, I took many, many, many pictures of the combat boots and animal-print sneakers. You’d be surprised at how many different ways you can arrange just two pairs of shoes! I layed them out on the ground where there was a big patch of leaves. Here's a  picture:

I really liked how the combat boots looked, so I took a few pictures of them alone. I also propped one shoe on the branch of a tree and had a little photoshoot there too. If anyone saw me taking a picture of the boot in the tree, they probably thought I was crazy. But you gotta do what you gotta do for your AICE Media Project! Take a look at some shots that I got:



Here’s me taking pictures:


After this was done, I moved my photoshoot indoors to take pictures of the essential oils and nail polishes. Since I didn’t have a big white background, I just used regular white printer paper to lay the nail polishes on it. Used a ring light and a camera (Nikon D90) to get the highest quality pictures that I could. This was my setup:



I tried so many different arrangements and angles for the nail polishes. I also painted a small dash of the polish near the bottle for each one. Here are some pictures:




For the essential oils, I decided that the photograph would look more appealing if I had a more natural background. Since the oils were in a wooden box, a chose to have a light wooden background. This also coincided with my fall theme. I think the pictures turned out great! Here they are: 




After this was all said and done, I looked at all of the pictures on my laptop and found the best ones for my table of contents. I moved them onto Canva and assorted them into a square shape on the page. I wasn’t able to include the nail polish picture, which I’m sad about, but overall I really like how it looks. I also created several titles to go along with the pictures. Here is my table of contents so far:


My group decided to go for a more ‘Vogue’ theme: an elegant and simplistic look. We decided that the font would just be black and that our pictures would add color to the page. No other color other than black was used for the font because we didn’t want it to detract from the colorful images. I’m super proud of my work and I can’t wait to continue working. 

Thanks for following along with my productive day! I know tomorrow will be just as successful.


Until then!
Catalina

1 comment:

  1. leather crossbody bags:https://mybosidu.com/collections/crossbody-bag

    ReplyDelete