Thursday, March 21, 2019

Cover Image Reveal


Happy Thursday! I'm currently at the airport waiting for my flight so I wanted to reveal my cover image! Drumroll, please…
Here it is:


Ahhh I love it! I’m not kidding when I say this: the moment I saw this picture I knew that it would be on the cover of my publication. Beatriz actually reminds me of a model that would be in a magazine: she looks content but not overly smiley. Her hair is a little messy and she’s posing a little. I love the background; I think the different tree branches and leaves epitomize fall well. I’m also glad I left a small space at the top for the masthead.
       The original photograph had less light and was a little less saturated, so I edited it to make it brighter and more colorful. Here’s a screen recording of my editing process on my Macbook’s Photos application:



My group originally wanted to have a white border around the edges of the cover, like so:


But we realized that it limited the space in which we could place our masthead and cover lines. Soooo we removed it. Now we can have a bigger masthead :)) However, since the background of the pictures has so many different colors, the white font kind of gets lost. I’ve also tried black, red, and orange, but they’re not as visible as what’s needed for a masthead. Here’s my trial and error (sidenote: I’m not using this font for my magazine):




I’ll keep searching for a way to make my masthead stand out, possibly with a border or box behind it. In the meantime, I hope you liked my cover image!

Spring break here I come….

Bye,
Catalina

No comments:

Post a Comment