Friday, March 15, 2019

Fall Fashion Forward

        Happy Friday!! Today I'll be showing some of the prototype fall outfit ideas that I created with a website called "Shop Look". Before discussing them, I will mention that these are NOT the images I will be using. First, because some of the products' brands are showing, and second, because the images of the clothing were not taken by me.
        For the clothing below, I was mostly experimenting with the different functions of the website, so I looked for outerwear, pants, shows, bags, and accessories. I will not be using this exact image for my own magazine, but I love how this layout turned out and it will definitely give me some inspiration for how my own outfits could look. It also helped me further establish my color scheme: lots of red tones, grey, black, dark/military green, and possibly animal print.


       This next outfit is something I would definitely wear, any day of the year. Unlike the prior image, this shows one single outfit with four different items in it. This is the ideal look that I am planning on making for my own images. I definitely plan on placing things ‘tilted’ on the page and overlapping one item over the other. I think this will create a more unique and appealing look in not only my images, but in my overall magazine.


        Now I will address how I’m planning on making my own outfit and ‘collages’. First and foremost, I am currently working on collecting several pieces of fall clothing that I own, such as jeans, boots, jackets, sweaters, skirts, purses, etc. I must make sure that the brand of these items is not visible so that I do not infringe copyright. Secondly, I have a big white board that I can use to lay my outfits on for it to serve as a background. I also have a ring light and camera, so I have to do some research on how to take the pictures so that they have the best lighting and don’t have shadows.
       Once all of these pictures are taken, I can upload them onto either Superimpose or Shop Look. I have experience with Superimpose so I know that you can overlap different images to make the outfits look visually appealing, but I’d also like to experiment with Shop Look a little more to see if I could create my outfits on that platform. I plan on creating 4-5 outfits. Each outfit will have a different theme, such as casual, formal, ‘night-out, etc. These will be placed across my two page spread, which I believe will be an article about a fashion expert giving advice for outfits for different occasions or styles. In addition to these images, I will probably add a few pictures of a model wearing fall clothing to give the spread a more realistic look.
       One worry that I do have is that the prototype fall outfits are based too much on my own personal style. This could limit the variety of styles that I have in my magazine. In order to combat this, I will review the outfit choices with not only the members of my group but also with my friends, who all have different styles (preppy, bohemian, sporty, chic, classy), to see if they find the outfits that I made appealing.

I''ll be back soon!
Catalina 

No comments:

Post a Comment