Thursday, March 14, 2019

Group Meeting Feedback

Happy 'Pi' Day! Today I was able to meet with four other classmates to review some of the newest developments for my magazine. They gave me great advice on how to carry out my production process and voiced their support for many of my ideas. I also learned a lot from giving constructive criticism to the members about their own projects. All of the students in my group were creating a film-opening. They had great, unique ideas, but in order for their storyline to be clear and engaging, they needed to effectively present their plot by using genre conventions, a setting that fit their film, and props that clearly contributed to the story. Although making a film-opening is different from creating a magazine, giving this advice to others showed me that there is a connection between the two: time-management and patience. Without these two skills, all of our projects will most likely not be successful. (*Note to self: Don’t procrastinate! Make sure you have ample time to reshoot some outfits and edit my layout so that I can get just the perfect look for my fall fashion magazine*).
The members enjoyed viewing my blog and thought that my post about locations gave great examples for where I could take photographs. They mentioned that I should consider taking my pictures with a professional camera so that the quality of the image could be greater. They also liked my idea for the title, “The Fit”! I later discussed this name with the members of my project group, and they had also received positive feedback about it! So that’s one of the things we’ve decided on for our magazines.
In addition, after showing my classmates some of the tables of contents and two-page spreads that I was using for inspiration, they reminded me that, although I should have a unique look, I should maintain a customary look so as to retain fashion magazine conventions. In other words, make your magazine original, but not drastically different from common fashion magazines. I’ll be making a blog post about this soon, but I also created some prototype fall outfit ideas with the website “Shop Look”.  When I showed these to the members, they showed approval for the clothing that I had chosen. I also showed them a draft layout that I was creating on Canva for the two-page spread, and they all agreed with my layout choices. However, I was not able to show them the font that I would be utilizing because I’d like to decide upon a font once a get my pictures and understand what the look of my magazine will be.
Lastly, I presented them with some makeshift photos that I had taken of a few beauty products. They liked the clean look of these images, and they showed strong support for the image that looks like the products are magically falling out of the makeup bag. I plan on using this look for the picture in my advertisement since I believe I will be making an ad for a monthly beauty subscription bag (name of the company is yet to be decided upon). Overall the group meeting was a great way of understanding what choices were heading in the right direction and which ones needed some modification.
Hopefully I can start taking pictures soon!


See you tomorrow!
Catalina

1 comment: