Saturday, March 16, 2019

Production Planning

        Hi! So I've found a model for my magazine! Her name is Beatriz, she seventeen years old and has orange hair and freckles. I decided that she would be my model because she's very natural on camera and has an eye-catching appearance. I asked her through text message on Wednesday whether she'd be willing to meet up one day to take some cool pictures, and she said yes! We're scheduled to meet up tomorrow (Sunday) at 9:30 AM at Markham Park, where we'll begin our photoshoot. Not only is she willing to model for my magazine, but she's bringing her dog along as well!
        I hope the pictures look professional. I have around 3-4 locations in Markham Park where I can take them, including the Butterfly Garden and Disk Golf course in the forest. My friends and I discovered these places while Geocaching (if you’re not familiar with this activity, it’s basically like a real-life scavenger hunt), and ever since then I’ve been wanting to take pictures there. Here’s my chance! And don’t worry, I'm bringing along my poor sister to take behind-the-scenes pictures of the photoshoot, so you won’t miss out on all the action!
        I asked Beatriz to dress in a dark red, green, or orange shirt so that it will coordinate with my fall theme. I will bring the rest of the outfits: some jackets, sweaters, and accessories should be enough. I’ll mainly be focusing on getting the perfect close-up/mid-shot of Beatriz for my front cover, but I’ll also be taking some long-shots for my two-page spread. Also, my mom taught me how to use her camera, which is a Nikon D90, so I’m all set for tomorrow!

        On March 21st I’m traveling to Argentina to visit my family for spring break. Because of this, the time that I can dedicate to working on my magazine will be limited over the break. However, since I will try my very best to at least get my pictures taken before leaving, I can have something to work with while on the 9-hour plane ride. My group will finalize the layout and font of our magazines so we can all create magazine that have a uniform look. I’d rather not edit the magazine on my phone, so I pulled out my old iPad from under my bed to see if I can bring it on the trip, download Canva, and work on the magazine on a much larger screen. Fingers crossed that all of these things can happen! If all goes as planned and I finish the magazine by April 1st, then I can have around one week to work on perfecting my CCR.

I’ll let you know how the photoshoot goes! I have a good feeling about tomorrow :-)


Adios!
Catalina

No comments:

Post a Comment