Sunday, March 17, 2019

Did Someone Say Photoshoot?


       Hello! Today is the day! THE PHOTOSHOOT!
       My sister and I drove to Markham Park, where we met up with Beatriz. We drove around looking for cool spots to take pictures at, and Markham Park did not disappoint. The place doesn’t look like it’s in Florida; there’s so many pine trees and lakes! It wasn’t hard to find our first location with a tree, a few tables, and a lake in the background. Here’s a picture of it:



       We took some shots near the tree, under the tree, on the tree, far from the tree, and everywhere in between. We also took a few of Beatriz sitting on top of the wooden table and standing in the middle of the field as well. It was a little cloudy today but the lighting on the pictures still turned out great. Here’s a sneak peek:






Next, we went to a nearby dock. Here’s a picture of the area:





I took most of the pictures either on the dock or near the shore of the lake. Here’s a few:





Lastly, we did a quick stop at the Butterfly Garden for some final pictures. Here’s where they were taken:




Here’s one picture in particular that I really liked the compositon of:



       We did several outfit changes so that we could have a variety of fall outfits for the magazine. For each of my pictures, I left space at the top so that when I placed the masthead, it would not cover Beatriz’s face. I also left space on the sides of the model for the coverlines. While I was taking pictures, my sister was nice enough to take some behind-the-scenes pictures as well.
       Just for fun, I’ll include a few pictures of Beatriz’s dog, Kibi, who was the true star of the photoshoot:



       I’m really glad with how all the pictures turned out! I took 423 of them, so it’s hard to find the perfect one for my cover. I think I found it though! I haven’t shared it with you yet because I want to be sure that its ready for the big reveal. For now, I’ll leave you with this little clue: the tree is key :-)
       Here’s some blog posts that are coming soon: behind the scenes pictures/footage of the photoshoot, editing the pictures, article ideas, pictures for the table of contents, photoshoot of the clothes, making the collages, draft cover layouts, choosing fonts, the cover image reveal, and much more.

Addio!
Catalina

No comments:

Post a Comment