Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Take a Look Behind the Scenes!

       Hello! Today I’ll be showing you a behind the scenes look at our photo shoot at Markham Park and I’ll explain some of the problems that we encountered as well as how we solved them.
       First, the day was a little cloudy so I was worried that the lighting may have been low, but it wasn’t! I think the lighting turned out great. I’m really impressed at how much the camera helped make the pictures high-quality and detailed. Another conflict that we had was that we weren’t sure how the model could pose without looking awkward. Fortunately, we used a tree as a prop! There was a wooden table under the tree, and our model was able to stand on it so she was surrounded by tree branches. This added visual interest to our pictures and helped the model look a little more natural. Here’s some shots of me taking pictures of Beatriz, our model:





         As you can see, I was positioned on top of a tree branch so I could get a stable picture. I’ll admit that I looked a little weird but it’s worth it if I’ll get a great picture! At first I took a few shots with the tree branches in front of Beatriz, like the first picture, but then I moved closer to her. I asked Beatriz to make different facial features, pose in different ways, and move her hair so as to have the a lot of options. I took as many photos as possible because the perfect pose or look could disappear in an instant.
       After taking several pictures I realized that a low angle really enhances the image. A small issue that we had was that Florida weather + warm clothes = not fun. Beatriz was little uncomfortable wearing a sweater for a long time because it was so hot! Luckily I tried taking the pictures quickly or we took pictures under the shade so she didn’t hate me :-)
       Overall the photo shoot went smoothly! I’m glad I have my cover image (which is coming soon) and some pictures for my two-page spread.

Stay tuned!
Catalina

No comments:

Post a Comment