Thursday, March 7, 2019

It's All About the Location

       Happy Thursday! I'm continuing my planning process and a key component of the magazine's images are where they are taken: the background, scenery, possible landmarks, lighting, etc. 
When choosing where to take my pictures, I first have to prioritize that the location should be related to the outfit or overall theme. Since I am doing a fall fashion magazine, the scenery should go with my color scheme (which I wrote a blog post about!) Next, I must ensure that the model and outfit can be easily seen in the image; that is, the background does not distract from the main purpose, which is to showcase the clothing and makeup that the model is wearing. 
The first location that I could take my pictures in is the Christian Louboutin store in the Miami Design District. I chose this particular place because of its unique architecture: its outside walls are covered in a bark-like material. This would match my theme perfectly, since the bark looks very autumnal. In addition, the dark background would help the model’s clothing stand out and the bark’s intricate details would make the image even more appealing. Because the store’s name is copyrighted, it will not appear in my images; I will be taking the pictures on the side of the store as seen on the second image. Although it’s a 40 minute drive from my house, I believe this is a great place to take the pictures for my magazine and plan on having a photoshoot there soon.


The second location that I have in mind is Markham Park, a huge park near where I live. It has countless of amazing forests and lakes that would be perfect as a background for my images. The dark green trees as well as the brown leaves on the ground would also fit with my fall theme. When choosing the exact location in the park, I will try to avoid having palm trees in the background since these do not look very autumnal. I hope this does not prove to be too much of a challenge! Also, the outside lighting will create a more natural look in my pictures, which will ultimately help create more high-quality photos. This is key for producing a magazine that looks professionally made. Overall this is probably my first choice because of its proximity as well as its variety of backdrops. Stay tuned for pictures of the photoshoot!


Markham Park Disc Golf

The third location that I could take pictures in is the Weston Town Center. Compared to the other two places I have mentioned, the town center has a more suburban look. This offers a more realistic background since the readers are probably looking for the model to be somewhere that’s familiar to them, which is why this urban setting is a great option. I especially want to take pictures near the clock tower since it has colors that perfectly match my color scheme! I’d also like to take photos of the model walking along the street or sitting at a cafe/restaurant to show how fall fashion can be used in everyday life. I think the pictures would look great, especially with a warm-toned filter.



I hope you enjoyed! 

Catalina

Image Citations (in order of appearance):
Home Design Ideas. (2018, December 21). Tree bark covers Christian Louboutin boutique in Miami Design District. Retrieved March 7, 2019, from http://homedesignideasinspiration.com/tree-bark-covers-christian-louboutin-boutique-in-miami-design-district/
Gibson, E. (2018, December 21). Tree bark covers Christian Louboutin boutique in Miami Design District. Retrieved March 7, 2019, from https://www.dezeen.com/2018/12/21/christian-louboutin-flagship-miami-design-district/
Merrick Mountain Bikers. Markham Park, Florida. Retrieved March 7, 2019, from https://merrickmountainbikers.com/markham-park-florida/
Broward County. . Markham Park and Target Range. Retrieved March 7, 2019, from http://www.broward.org/Parks/Pages/Park.aspx?=23
Compass. Weston. Retrieved March 7, 2019, from https://www.compass.com/neighborhood-guides/miami/weston/
Penn, S. Weston, Florida Real Estate. Retrieved March 7, 2019, from

No comments:

Post a Comment