Sunday, March 10, 2019

Fall Inspo!

Hello fall-lovers! Today I’ll be talking about a few pictures I took of some fall beauty products that I had at my house.
After looking at the images and products from a previous blog post, I decided to look around my house to find a few products. You’d be surprised at what you have laying around your house! Here are some pictures that I took:


First, let’s talk about brands and copyright. It is absolutely essential for me to master the art of taking pictures of products without showing the brand, whether it be by covering it or hiding it. This is done so that my magazine is free from copyrighted products. Here’s a picture of the products with the brand showing:


Now this is a picture of the products when I tried to hide their brand as best as I could:


Not bad, huh? Don’t worry, these are just preliminary pictures that I took of the products, nothing professional. I definitely need to master how to take pictures though! I know I need a better white background (that isn’t reflective hehe) and better lighting. I’d also like to borrow my mom’s camera and ring light to take the pictures so I can get the most high-quality shot I can. Once I do my official photoshoot, I’d also want to make ‘smears’ of blush or cream to create a more artsy look.
One other idea I wanted to share: I’d really like to make the page next to my table of contents an advertisement for a monthly beauty subscription service. I got the idea as I was rummaging through my drawers and came across a some Ipsy pouches and products (in fact, all of the products in the previous images came from an Ipsy bag!) I’d love to implement this kind of ad by making my own ‘beauty subscription service’ since they’re very popular right now.
I’ll be looking on Amazon in the next couple of days to see if I can find some inexpensive fall beauty products (especially some face masks, lotions, and lip balms). I’ll let you know what I find!
I also really liked how one particular shot turned out:


I love how it looks! I drew inspiration from this picture right here:


This shot is one I’ll be perfecting so that I can achieve the ultimate picture of fall products that just so happened to fall out of your bag perfectly. I hope you enjoyed looking at my progress so far! Next week, it’s showtime. Hopefully I can start taking some cool pictures for the magazine on the weekend. Only time will tell!


Au Revoir,
Catalina


Image Citations (in order of appearance):
Masseau, J. Fall Beauty Refresh: Products You Need, Now. Retrieved March 10, 2019, from https://www.besthealthmag.ca/best-looks/beauty/fall-beauty-refresh-products-you-need-now/

1 comment:

  1. Toiletry bags:https://mybosidu.com/collections/toiletry-bag

    ReplyDelete